Saturday, May 31, 2014

Leesa Creamer: A Day in the Life of a Rock 'n' Roller


I met Leesa Creamer back in 1995. My first initial reaction upon entering her home was one of awe and some trepidation. There was some voodoo afloat and I wasn't quite sure if she was a punk rock witchdoctors or if I had just stumbled upon the most amazing person I had met yet. Luckily my overnight stay did not include any ritual sacrifice and I woke up in her colorful world of horror movies and rock n' roll. 

This photographic series would not be complete without featuring Leesa. From being the lead singer for The Creamers for over 25 years to co-owning one of the most amazing cult video stores ever (which was located up in Sacramento) called Cinemania, Leesa has always dedicated herself 110% to her passions. 

What made you fall in love with rock n' roll?

"I started going to see the whole Lazy Cowgirls / Eddie Flowers / Moist & Meaty / Claw Hammer clique of bands and through my association with those amazing players got turned onto The Ramones, The New York Dolls, Social D., The Clash, The Hard Ons, The Replacements and the whole punk rock and glam genres. Once I found The Ramones I felt like I was "home".  

How did The Creamers get together?

"I was very drunk at a Lazy Cowgirls show at Raji's and I went up to Rosa (who I barely knew at the time, but I knew I liked her) and slurred something along the lines of "Quieres hacer un groupo punk rock?"  (I feel it's always better to attempt a foreign language when drunk).  Rosa was like "OK boracha".  So Rosa stared playing guitar the next day and three months later The Creamers had their first gig."

Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture are her main focus now and just as she had given 110% of her energy to horror movies and rock n' roll, she now turns that same razor sharp focus and attention to her practice. Recently, Leesa graciously allowed Patterns and Tones a peek into her world for a day and what follows shows that she still indeed leads a colorful and vibrant life, inside and out...

Julie Pavlowski Green
May 31, 2014















2 comments: