Saturday, November 15, 2014

Art Girl


I was recently asked by The Love One, an amazing vintage clothing store in Old Town Pasadena, to participate in their blog post "The Art Girl Within Us". The blog featured photographs by the lovely Ms. Emily Alben and focused on four women involved in the Arts: a painter, a photographer, a curator and a critic. We all donned our favorite items of clothing we had purchased from their store which revealed our taste not only in fashion but in the visual mediums we worked in.

It was quite a different experience for me to be on the other side of the lens. Emily was a true professional and guided me effortlessly through various scenarios she visualized for the piece. I can't say I am a shy person, being a lead singer in several rock and roll bands in the past has left their indelible mark on me, but when it comes to photography, I am usually the one in charge. It was actually a very freeing experience and we had loads of fun.

The following series of photographs was taken in my home, where I threw open the doors to my inner sanctum all in the name of Art! I was honored to be a part of this project and to be featured along with three amazing ladies who not only have a burning passion for Art but know how to look great creating!

For all you Art Girls out there,

Julie Pavlowski Green
November 15, 2014






1 comment: