Saturday, May 6, 2017

GUITAR WOLF!

"Jet Generation - Guitar Wolf No. 1" 2017


I realized looking at my blog I have woefully neglected the Tones department in Patterns and Tones. I have been so concentrated on making Patterns, that I haven't featured any images of musicians this year! So for the next few weeks I plan on digging through my archives for some of my favorite shots I've taken of my favorite bands over the years and apply my new technique to the images.

Today I start with one of the greatest garage-punk bands I've ever seen, GUITAR WOLF! This trio from Japan has been going strong since the late 80's and I have been fortunate enough to get to know them over the years. Seiji, Toru and Billy (RIP) would stay with us in San Francisco and we were always delighted to be in their company.

This shot from 1995 sums up the raw power of Jet rock 'n' roll. The title of their 4th album Jet Generation on Matador is an explosion of sound full of angst, lust and rebellion. I'm happy to see they will be swinging by the west coast on their "Yojouhan Strikes Back Tour" this summer and can't wait to see them on the stage once again.

It's a Jet Generation!

Julie Green
May 6, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment