Saturday, November 7, 2015

Slide Sun Shadows

"San Rafael Park No. 1" from the Sun Shadow series

The undulating curves of the new plastic slides kids play on now a days is a far cry from the straight hot metal slides of my childhood. Their aerodynamics has been calculated to give kids a thrill but at a controlled speed. Most have two curves on the way down. Children of the 20th century on the other hand were burnt to a crisp by our metal slides and catapulted into outer space!

The other day while my daughter was playing at San Rafael Park in the morning, I started to enjoy the patterns their sun shadows were creating against their scratched plastic backdrops. Necklines and long hair started forming and like clouds, these abstract shadows let my mind wander and wonder. It's a visual pleasure that I continue to enjoy every time my coffee hasn't quite kicked in...

Julie Green
November 7, 2015

"San Rafael Park No. 2" from the Sun Shadow series

"San Rafael Park No. 3" from the Sun Shadow series

"Plummer Park No. 2" from the Sun Shadow series

"Plummer Park No. 3" from the Sun Shadow series

"Plummer Park No. 4" from the Sun Shadow series

No comments:

Post a Comment