Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sun Shadows at Waterfront Park

"Waterfront Park No. 1" 2017 from the Sun Shadow series

Following the sun again after several weeks of much needed rain, I decided to capture a new set of images for my Sun Shadow series. These studies were taken at San Diego's lovely Waterfront Park playground.

Working with the abstract shapes in Photoshop, I manipulated the depth of their shadows to give the two dimensional image more space. All scratches on the polls and debris on the ground were removed to focus on form instead of being distracted by their visual noise.

I was delighted by the crack in the ground seen in "Waterfront Park No. 5". This intrusion into the abstract forms drew the image back into reality. I think I may want to explore this idea further in subsequent entries in this series.

In the meantime, I continue to enjoy capturing abstract forms that pop up in front of me while basking in the warm mid-winter sun.

Julie Green
February 25, 2017

"Waterfront Park No. 2" 2017 from the Sun Shadow series

"Waterfront Park No. 3" 2017 from the Sun Shadow series

"Waterfront Park No. 4" 2017 from the Sun Shadow series

"Waterfront Park No. 5" 2017 from the Sun Shadow series

No comments:

Post a Comment