Saturday, April 8, 2017

Unhinged: Norma Desmond


"Unhinged: Norma Desmond No. 1" 2017


After spending weeks looking at Trump's face, I needed a break. Yet while watching Billy Wilder's movie classic "Sunset Boulevard" once again, I saw the same patterns emerge from Gloria Swanson's character Norma Desmond. She contained the same narcissistic personality and delusional temperament that I see in Trump. Here was a fictional movie character from 75 years ago emulating the same traits displayed by the new President of the United States! 

I suppose I'm fascinated with broken psyches. It's a car crash I can't quite look away from. Having been immersed for years observing homeless people on the streets of San Francisco to my curiosity with people who are hoarders, I always find myself wondering how each individual's mind began to unwind into a cocoon of self delusion and depravity. We all have a our moments where we reach our tipping point but these characters have fallen off their psychological cliff.

It's the writing on the wall and it's written all over their face.

Julie Green
April 8, 2017

"Unhinged: Norma Desmond No. 2" 2017



"Unhinged: Norma Desmond No. 3" 2017




"Unhinged: Norma Desmond No. 4" 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment