Saturday, July 1, 2017

Body Refractions: Legs

"Body Refractions: Legs No. 1"


Summer time = pool time, and I have found my little oasis the perfect place to relax and reflect athe end of every day. As my mind slowly disengages from the daily grind, I listen, watch and learn from nature right in front of me. As I observed my daughter Edie swimming beneath the water, I became fascinated with the abstract patterns her skin devovlved into the water below. 

Last year I was captured similar patterns and undulations distoring lane tiles at the bottom of a local swimming pool. The images can be seen in a blog piece I did called "Water Refractions". Their monochromatic palate helped to emphasis the patterns I was concentrating on. 

Last week as the sun was setting, I became intrigued by the layers of texture created by the bottom of the pool (which desperately needs to be replastered but fortunately in this case became an interesting backdrop) coupled with the distortion of my subject lit by the pool light in the water and the natural light highlighting the ripples on top of the surface. The subtle color palate also became a point of focus since I had only concentrated on water refractions for their shape and not the distortion of color.

For the past month I've been concentrating on various parts of the body that move and interact with our pool and look forward to sharing them with you in July.


Julie Green

July 1, 2017





"Body Refractions: Legs No. 2"



"Body Refractions: Legs No. 3"



"Body Refractions: Legs No. 4"




"Body Refractions: Legs No. 5"



No comments:

Post a Comment