Saturday, February 9, 2019

Patterns and Tones Turns 6!



Six years of Patterns and Tones! 

After my yearly break in January, I am delighted to start working on my weekly blog again. Today marks the 6th year I've posted to this blog and as long as it continues to be a creative inspiration for me and others, I will share my thoughts and images with you.

On every anniversary I like to present the top 10 most visited blog posts from the previous year. I like to split subjects into two main categories: Patterns (artwork) and Tones (portraits of musicians). 

This years award winners in the Tones department ran the gamut from LA's Permanent Green Light and The Checkers to Seattle's finest The Fastbacks. But the most viewed blog entry went to "A Rave Up with Ron and The Reapers!". This blog entry on this amazing band of musicians continue to see lots of traffic on a daily basis!

You also really enjoyed reading my Caspers, New York Portraits and Sun Shadow series. But it was "Flora as Fashion: Loryn Molia" that broke the record for how many of you visited this blog entry in the Patterns department. I am absolutely thrilled by your response to my embroidered work in the "Home as Hat" and "Flora as Fashion" series.

I am happy to announce that I will be showing these images in a solo exhibition at MuzeuMM gallery in the West Adams district of Los Angeles at the beginning of June. Stay tuned for further announcements of this exbhition!

I look forward to sharing with you my weekly musings again this year. If you would like to subscribe to Patterns and Tones and receive a weekly link to my blog, fill out the form below and I'll be sure to put you on the guest list.

Thank you for your continued support!

Julie Green
February 9, 2019

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format




Scroll below to see all the top 5 Patterns and top 5 Tones from 2018
and click on their titles to read the blog entry.


TOP 5 PATTERNS OF 2018


#5    TRACK SHADOWS




#4    NEW YORK DUOS


















TOP 5 TONES OF 2018



















#1    A RAVE-UP WITH RON AND THE REAPERS!



No comments:

Post a Comment