Saturday, March 3, 2018

Patterns and Tones Turns 5!



Five years ago on February 4th I started my weekly blog Patterns and Tones because I was stuck. I needed a self imposed deadline that would drive me to create work, as a way to push myself to perpetually create. It's been an inspirating platform for me to explore ideas and create visual narratives that I want to share with others. This year I thought I would explore my passion for painting but quickly realized that it takes large swaths of time and that is one luxury I do not have much of these days.I also missed shooting and thinking about the photographic processes. So back to the darkroom I go and hope you continue to visit and enjoy my weekly blog.

Every anniversary I like to look back at the top 10 most visited posts in the Patterns and Tones departments. I'm very happy to see that the Tone of the year went to punk rock legend and all around great guy Frank Portman in "A Rock 'n' Roll Checkup with Dr. Frank". This blog post saw more than 13,500 hits and they keep visiting him daily.

And for the most viewed Pattern of the year, "Home as Hat: Sue Davis" was viewed more than 6,000 times! Not only is DJ Sue one of the coolest chicks out there, she makes a mean chaschew cheese and is the owner of Austin's finest vegan restaurant "Counter Culture". Perhaps that's why so many of you want to check in to see what Sue was up to in my my Home as Hat series.

Scroll below to see all the top 10 Patterns and top 10 Tones from 2017.

If you would like to subscribe to Patterns and Tones, please email me at  julievox@sbcglobal.net and I'll put you on the list to receive my weekly newsletter.

From my eyes to your heart,

Julie Green
March 3, 2018

TOP 10 PATTERNS OF 2017















#2   APRIL FOOL










TOP 10 TONES OF 2017





















No comments:

Post a Comment