Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Two Tens Live at the Lavamatica



The Two Tens are tops! Their brand of pop-punk is right up my alley. Adam Bones and Rikki Styxx make quite the dynamic duo who can really fill a room with their infectious vibrations that sound as if there were 10 people on stage. The first time I saw them opening up for The Woggles was a night to remember. I couldn't get their songs out of my head! A good sign indeed...

Their third EP titled "Volume 3" is aptly coming out on Feb 10th (2/10!) and will be the 3rd EP in a 4 part series. Be sure to catch their release party (also on 2/10) at The Satellite in Silver Lake. Volume 1 introduced me to their own take on 60's Garage and 70's Punk references that tipped their hat to some of the greatest while making it completely their own. While Volume 2  blew my mind in half when "Can't Pull Through" started to play and was laden with hints of Damned melodies and Ramones architecture. What more could you want?

This year I decided to photograph bands in unusual places. I love every day spaces that are overlooked but contain oodles of character. Over the years I have been storing locations in the back of my mind for future projects. I'm happy to say that this first round of photographs and moving pictures captured at the local Lavamatica was just what I was hoping for, thanks to Styxx and Bones.

So sit back and enjoy this exclusive stripped down version of "I Can't Win" by The Two Tens here and the following photographs we took - Live at the Lavamatica!

Julie Green
January 31, 2015




Adam Bones






Rikki Styxx












No comments:

Post a Comment