Saturday, June 20, 2015

Monkey Man from The Mask Series


"Monkey Man No. 2" from The Mask Series

This mask was given to me by a friend who had recently returned from Indonesia. The wooden mask was hand carved and painted in vibrant colors. As this project progressed, people began to give me masks to use from around the world. I was interesting to see the various cultures interpretation of the same animal and this monkey mask is no exception. 

My subject was immediately drawn to it and chose it from my bag of masks. He then proceed to embody the characteristics of that animal effortlessly. The inclusion of a Mexican marionette monkey only made the photo shoot and my subjects interaction with it even more surreal.

Monkey Man is the 14th set of images from The Mask Series. As always, two limited edition prints are available to purchase through my Etsy store

Julie Green
June 20, 2015



"Monkey Man No. 3" from The Mask Series

"Monkey Man No. 4" from The Mask Series

"Monkey Man No. 5" from The Mask Series

"Monkey Man No. 6" from The Mask Series

No comments:

Post a Comment