Saturday, June 13, 2015

Human Landscapes: Ridgelines

"Ridgeline No. 1" from The Human Landscape Series

As I drive around California and admire its beautiful mountain ranges, I can't help but see sleeping giants stretched before me. Their anthropomorphic shapes elude to a profile in silhouette as they pop out from the tops of the mountains set against a setting or rising sun.  We are so lucky to have such giants surrounding us in California. Their dramatic elegance is breathtaking and I am always inspired by their majesty.

The earth is a living landscape and the mountain ranges that line our highways in California undulate and traverse back and forth. As I drive and contemplate their various forms and shapes from different angles and perspectives, they remind me of the human form.

Today I present to you a series of ridgelines I shot while being driven over the Grape Vine. It's your puzzle to figure out which shapes are made of flesh and which are made from tectonic uplift. There are several other human landscapes I plan to create in the near future. Clouds are a natural progression and orchards are on my to do list.  For now, I'm going to continue to explore the human landscape that I see in ridgelines.

Julie Green
June 13, 2015


"Ridgeline No. 2" from The Human Landscape Series

"Ridgeline No. 3" from The Human Landscape Series

"Ridgeline No. 4" from The Human Landscape Series

"Ridgeline No. 5" from The Human Landscape Series

"Ridgeline No. 6" from The Human Landscape Series

No comments:

Post a Comment