Saturday, January 25, 2014

Asia Muka: A Day in the Life of a Rock 'n' Roller


I'm happy to announce this year's photographic series I'm dedicating myself to is "A Day In The Life Of A Rock n' Roller". I have been dying to document those I know and admire and photograph them from early in the morning to late into the evening to give the world a glimpse into the lives of those who I feel embody the spirit of rock and roll.

Across many different fields of interests, I want to capture the underlying thread that binds them all together and document the raw passion and nature of their individuality and verve. The first installation of this series was with the fabulous and amazing Los Angeles music promoter Asia Muka. Generously giving me her time and allowing me a peek into her personal world, Asia's day was filled with music, passion and fun.

I met Asia at a nightclub after my band The Checkers had just played a set. I immediately sensed her enthusiasm and pure passion for Rock and Roll music. I haven't seen this kind of fervor for promoting the scene in a very, very long time. Managing Hollywood darlings The Crazy Squeeze and promoting the amazing South Bay Rockers Black Mambas, she can always be found front and center, a true fanatical of each band she represents.

Asia also seamlessly puts together amazing lineups and promotes the hell out of those shows for her monthly club "Sonic Eye" at Loaded, a venue on Hollywood Boulevard. Remember the days when bookers used to line up bands that complimented each other and created amazing flyers for each show, posting them on every electric pole in the city? That's Asia...

This year she will be rolling out her new "Anti-Talk Show" that will be streaming live online and will be appearing on local television stations. She will be interviewing bands, as she puts it, "taking Rock n' Roll action from the streets to the stage!".

With those words, I invite you to enjoy my newest series and to take a stroll through "A Day In The Life Of A Rock 'n' Roller"!

Julie Pavlowski Green
January 25, 2014












No comments:

Post a Comment