Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Tree Lane: Color in Motion Part 2

Christmas Tree Lane: Color in Motion No. 6


As the holiday season comes to a crescendo tonight, I've been thinking about how a great pagan tradition has survived religious dogma throughout the millenia. The natural desire for humans to light trees in the darkest of winter has transcended time and is such a pleasure to behold. Watching the lights dance and twinkle in the darkness brings such joy and delight, its obvious why the tradition has never wained.

I used the lights down Christmas Tree Lane as paint brushes this year to dab the dark canvas with streaks of color and the car lights as accents. As the rain fell, color oozed down the lane and mirrored the hues from above. I felt like I was in a fairy forest with colorful fireflies darting in and out of the trees.


Into the new year I head with joy in my heart as I look towards finding happiness in the smallest of gestures and the knowledge that even in the depth of darkness, light and color can prevail.


Happy New Year!


Julie Green

December 31, 2016


Christmas Tree Lane: Color in Motion No. 7

Christmas Tree Lane: Color in Motion No. 8

Christmas Tree Lane: Color in Motion No. 9

Christmas Tree Lane: Color in Motion No. 10

No comments:

Post a Comment