Saturday, December 10, 2016

Kite Flyer: The Human Figure in Motion Part 2

Kite Flyer: The Human Figure in Motion No. 3

In my last blog entry Kite Flyer: The Human Figure in Motion, I began to work on a project to create movement in a still photograph. The idea was to push the single moment into several steps in time on a single plane. I also stitched the image back together to symbolize the running thread of time through our lives.

Today, I wanted to present to you several more approaches to that idea. Although I have yet to stitch the image together, the vertical and diagonal lines created by cutting up the photographic paper and realigning it, gives the image a feeling of motion I was looking of.

Kite Flyer: The Human Figure in Motion No. 3 is exactly what I was picturing in my minds eye and I am so thrilled to see it come to fruition. Once I add the finishing touches of the orange thread, I will begin to think of other moments in time that I would like to accelerate into motion.

Lets go fly a kite!

Julie Green
December 10, 2016

Kite Flyer: The Human Figure in Motion No. 4 


No comments:

Post a Comment