Saturday, May 7, 2016

Vinyl Love



This promotional postcard I made for Tower Records featured two very close friends of mine and was styled with items they literally had laying around the house. Throwing their iconic plastic bag into the middle of midcentury wax, I was able to place the Tower Records brand into a time warp and emphasis the joy teens derived from laying around listing to music and reading the album liner notes.

When I began shooting commercially I rarely used professional models. I suppose its due to the fact that I have always been surrounded by interesting people who are willing to be photographed in the various projects I had going on. I also saw that by employing everyday people in my commercial work, it gave the images a more genuine feeling.

This postcard was so popular they even made them into notebooks and date savers. The outakes below have never been published nor seen since 1997!

For the love of vinyl,

Julie Green
May 7, 2016









No comments:

Post a Comment